Practical Nursing Program
The Practical Nursing program at Americare Technical School balances classroom instruction with clinical experience. Students receive a solid foundation in the areas of Fundamentals, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Geriatrics, and Pharmacology. Graduates of this program qualify to pursue the NCLEX-PN State Board Licensure.
What are Americare PN graduates qualified to do?
Our Practical Nursing Program of Americare Technical School is dedicated to training the students in vocational nursing skills to prepare them to care for individuals, families and communities along the health-illness continuum, in an effort to become competent and safe members of the health care team.
The Americare Practical Nursing Program offers students courses on the following:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- IINTRO 101-ntroduction to Health Science
- MT-101-Medical Terminology
- MAT 202-Math for the Healthcare Professionals
- CIS 101-Introduction to Computers
- Psy 101- Introduction to Psychology
- NUR 101-Fundamentals of Nursing
- NUR102- Nutrition
- NUR 201- Medical Surgical Nursing I
- NUR 202- Pharmacology I
- NUR 301- Medical Surgical Nursing II
- NUR 302-Pharmacology II
- NUR 401- Mental Health Nursing
- NUR 402- Maternal-Newborn Nursing
- NUR 403- Child Nursing
- NUR 501- Transitions to Nursing Practice
Practical Nursing Program Requirements
- Complete the Practical Nursing Program Application form
- Copy of photo Identification card (State ID/Driver’s License)
- Copy of High School Diploma/ GED certificate.
- Pass the TEAS exam.
- Negative Fingerprint-based Health Care Worker Criminal History Records Check
- Current CPR certification (Online CPR classes not accepted).
- Complete Physical Examination (Immunizations, TB two step/Quantiferon Test/Chest X-ray if positive)Full disclosure of current medical history is expected.
- Undergo a drug-screening test, with a negative result.
- Medical Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Financial arrangements for tuition payments must be completed prior to the start of the program.
Admission by Transfer
Americare Technical School will evaluate transfer students on an individual basis.
What’s the schedule like?
AM Schedule: Monday to Thursday 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
PM Schedule: Monday to Thursday 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Weekend Schedule: Saturday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Click here to download Pathway to Practical Nursing ›